The Army’s formidable set up for modernization of the military Base Workshops (ABWs) and implementation of ‘Government-owned, contractor-operated (GOCO)’ model is “delayed” and also the original timeline for implementing the system irreligious in Dec 2019, the accountant and Auditor General (CAG) same in its report tabled in the Parliament.
· The GOCO model was one amongst the recommendations of the Lt. Gen. DB Shekatkar (Retd.)
· committee to reinforce combat capability and re-balancing defence expenditure.
· In GOCO model, the assets in hand by government are going to be operated by the non-public industries.
· Under the GOCO model, the non-public organization neednt build investments ashore, machinery and alternative support systems.
· The missions area unit set by government and therefore the non-public sectors square measure given full independence in implementing the missions utilization their best practices.
· The main advantage of the model is that the targets square measure achieved in lesser time-frame.
· Also, itll boost determination among the privatized entities paving thanks to newer technologies.
· Eligibility– The service distributor shall be associate Indian registered company with a minimum of ten years of operating occurrence in connected domains and have a median annual turnover of ₹50 large integer for every of the last 3 monetary years.