NamitaGokhale, Tamil author Ambai win SahityaAkademi Award
· SahityaAkademi award established in 1954, could be a literary honour thats conferred annually by SahityaAkademi, India’s National Academy of letters.
· Akademi provides twenty four awards annually to literary works within the languages its recognized and an equal range of awards to literary translations from and into the languages of india.
· Besides the twenty two languages enumerated within the Constitution of india, the SahityaAkademi has recognised English and Rajasthani as languages during which its programme is also implemented.
· The SahityaAkademi award is that the second-highest literary honour by the govt. of india, once the Jnanpith award.
· Tamil feminist author Ambai, kannada biographer DS Nagabhushan, Telugu poet GoretiVenkanna, and English author NamitaGokhale, among others, are this year’s winners of the SahityaAkademi Award.
· Criteria for selecting Awardee The author should be of Indian nationality. Book/work eligible for the award should be an impressive contribution to the language and literature to that it belongs.
· when equal merit for books of 2 or additional are found, sure criteria like total literary contribution and standing of authors shall be taken into consideration for declaring award.