The Kerala judicature restrained the Centre from taking powerful action against Live Law Media personal Ltd., that owns a legal news portal, for not yielding with half III of the new IT (Intermediary pointers and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021.
· The court issued notice to the Centre on a petition filed by the firm difficult the foundations regulation digital journalism, curated content (OTT platforms), and social media intermediaries.
· The petition aforesaid half III of the foundations obligatory Associate in Nursing unconstitutional three-tier complaints and assessment structure on publishers.
· The creation of a grievance redressal mechanism, through a governmental oversight body (an inter-departmental committee grooved beneath Rule 14) amounted to excessive regulation.
· Rule 4(2), that makes it obligatory for each social media negotiant to change tracing of originators of data on its platform, supposedly in furtherance of Section sixty nine of the IT Act, profaned Article 19(1)(a) (freedom of speech and expression).
· It conjointly underprivileged the intermediaries of their “safe-harbour protections” beneath Section seventy nine of the IT Act.
· The rules obligating electronic communication intermediaries to change their infrastructure to “fingerprint” every message on a mass scale for each user to trace the primary creator was violate of the elemental right to privacy of web users.