Issisaaneq: New dinosaur species, which roamed Greenland 214 mn years ago
· The two-legged Issisaaneq lived regarding 214 million years past in whats currently greenland.
· It was a medium-sized, long necked herbivore and a predecessor of the sauropods, the biggest land animals ever to measure.
· The name of the new dinosaur pays tribute to Greenland’s inuit language and means that “coldbone”
· The new findings are the 1st proof of a definite Greenlandic dinosaur species.
· The dinosaur differs from all different sauropodomorphs discovered thus far, however is similar with dinosaurs found in Brazil, like the Macrocollum and Unaysaurus, that are virtually fifteen million years older.