Amended telegraph right of way rules notified
· The government notified Indian Telegraph Right of Way (Amendment) Rules, 2021 to contain the provisions related to nominal one-time repayment and uniform system for establishment of over floor telegraph line in the Indian Telegraph Right of Way Rules, 2016, and it has constant a cap of ₹1,000 consistent with km.
· The amount of one-time compensation for establishment of over ground telegraph line will be maximum ₹1,000 per km.
· Documentation for RoW application for over floor telegraph line has been made easy.
· In earlier notifications it was ₹1,000 only per km, but the State local municipalities have always objected they be charged more and demanded more for the compensation.
· And, earlier the RoW Rules had covered only underground optical fibre cable (OFC) and mobile towers.
· The notification said there will also be no rate other than administrative fee and healing expenses for establishing, maintaining, working, repairing, transferring, or shifting the underground and over groundtelegraph infrastructure
· The notification introduced that e-governance and monetary inclusion could be reinforced, doing enterprise may be clean, statistics and conversation needs of citizens and firms could be fulfilled, and in the long runthe dream of India’s transition to a digitally empowered economy and society will be translated into a reality.